Those interested in playing hockey for the Waterford United High School Team are welcome to attend a parent and player meeting that will be held at Waterford Mott on Wednesday, March 22nd at 5:30 p.m. in the Cafeteria. If you are unable to attend, please contact the Athletic Office at Mott or Kettering.
The variety of events and activities by Mott Leadership affect all students in the school. Please show your support by registering your Kroger card in the Kroger Community Rewards Program and designate Mott Leadership – or as we are listed by the number 12652. Just go to the appropriate Kroger website and begin enrolling. Mott Leadership is listed with a new NPO number of 12652. Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com.
A huge thanks to the following Mott Staff members on their many years of loyal and dedicated service:
- Lori Broughton – 30 Years
- Kimberly Mc Gee – 20 Years
- Josephone Schoonover – 25 Years
- Alan Vassilakos – 25 Years
- Lori Taylor – 20 Years
- Derek Wiley – 20 Years
Thank you for all you do for our students!
Congratulations to Waterford’s Destination Imagination teams on a great regional tournament. All of our teams have been working hard since Fall to create their solutions to one of 7 different challenges. Approximately 100 teams from throughout Oakland County were competing. We are happy to announce that we have six teams qualifying to participate in the Michigan DI State Tournament, which is held in April on the campus of CMU in Mt. Pleasant. Many thanks to the staff of Mott High School for opening their classrooms to our tournament. We appreciate the support of Jason Guilds and Mitch Hadley at Mott. It takes a team effort to host such a large event. Also a huge thanks to Wendy Nash and Debbie Hunt from Mott for being our building managers throughout the day.
Fifteen students from Waterford Mott recently competed at the DECA State Conference against 4,200 students from across the state. To prepare for the competition, the students did a lot of extra work to write a business plan and prepare an oral presentation, or to study for a content test and practice role-plays. Congratulations are in order for Chris Moesta and Evan Bellaver who were awarded a medal for best role-play in their event. Other students who were honored included:
- Aayusha Lamichhane, Ryan Dybowski and Bianca Lopez – Independent Business Plan (Royal Tea Café)
- Patrick Bicknell, Josh Course and Cooper Martin – Innovation Plan (solar powered heating and cooling unit for your car).
- Noah Mathews and Dani White – Financial Literacy Promotion Plan
- Karli Flesher – Sports and Entertainment Marketing Promotion Plan (summer concert series).
- Anna Jennings – Food Marketing (role play event)
- Evan Bellaver and Chris Moesta – Buying and Merchandising (team role play event)
- Alex Zepeda, Kyle Dennis and Luke Jeraigan – Leadership and Teamwork (team role – play event).
The Class of 2017 All Night Graduation Party will be held at Oakland Yard on June 4, 2017 from 9 p.m. until 4 a.m. Cost is $85 per person (discounted tickets are available to those who work at upcoming fundraising events such as concessions). Contact Vickie Klein or Laura Pugh at ANGP2017@comcast.net for further information.
The Class of 2018 All Night Graduation Party will be hosting a Euchre Tournament fundraiser at Airway Lanes in Waterford on Saturday, March 25th. Registration and dinner begins at 6 p.m. and Euchre play begins at 7 p.m. with a dessert break mid-tournament. Cost is $20 per person.